Is the NHS in decline?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good question! :D

It does seem like they are making lots of desperate acts within that hospital/trust by removing water coolers, making people empty office bins etc... Not big things in themselves, but it all adds up and service goes down.

I don't really know if it is in decline in general though, as I've not really used it or worked as part of it - I've heard mixed things from people who have though. My granddad seems to think it is much better now, as his referral for diabetes stuff is much much quicker and smoother, and some of my family who work in it seem to think it has much more money in it now, but there is so much red tape and extra treatment costs now.

I'd love to have a better NHS, the only problem is we have to pay for it somehow - either higher taxes or lower service. I don't really know which is the right answer, as everything can always be improved (roads, dentists, hospitals, etc...).

Does anyone here work in the NHS that can shed some light on the matter from their perspective?

Reaction score
It seems crazy when i recently hurt my arm through work, my GP said it would be a 3 week wait to see someone about it, or i could get sent to my local private hospital that day. £300 later and my arm was fine, but not my wallet!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... the measures were about working more efficiently and not cutting services.
About time some of the office staff got off their backsides and did some work ... they could also wash-up their own dishes in the 'staff' canteen. :D

Waiting for anything to happen in Cardiff South Wales takes 3-4-10 years, don't argue with me I lived there ... here in Southport Merseyside Sefton, can never remember what the borough is, used to be good old Lancashire, anyway, here it is so damn quick to see anybody about anything you don't get time to think.

Want personal examples? I got loads of 'em. :thumb:

Reaction score
Must admit working in the NHS is strange:rolleyes:
Cut backs in staff, funding & pay, But expected to do more hours.
It's fun all the way, Not!

Ask a Question