"Is Loaded" Windows.Form Equivalent

Jared Miniman [MVP]

Hi all,

I have a full screen application from which I want to launch a modular
window via CreateProcess. I can do this, no problem, but unfortunately no
matter in which window event handler I place the "Launch App" code, the
modular window does not appear on top of the full-screen application.
Basically I want all UI logic to complete, for the full screen window to
appear, and only then do I want this little stand-alone application to
launch. What's the proper way to do this?

--
_________________________________
Jared Miniman, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

ActiveSync problems?
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/activesync.asp
Connection Mngr Q's?
http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/tutorials/connectionmanager

David So [MSFT]

Is your modular a Form? Try this.BringToFront to bring your modular window
to the font.

Thanks,

David

| From: "Jared Miniman [MVP]" <[email protected]>
| Subject: "Is Loaded" Windows.Form Equivalent
| Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:48:52 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Hi all,
|
| I have a full screen application from which I want to launch a modular
| window via CreateProcess. I can do this, no problem, but unfortunately no
| matter in which window event handler I place the "Launch App" code, the
| modular window does not appear on top of the full-screen application.
| Basically I want all UI logic to complete, for the full screen window to
| appear, and only then do I want this little stand-alone application to
| launch. What's the proper way to do this?
|
| --
| _________________________________
| Jared Miniman, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
| Mobile Computer Consultant
|
| ActiveSync problems?
| http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/support/help/activesync.asp
| Connection Mngr Q's?
| http://www.microsoft.com/mobile/pocketpc/tutorials/connectionmanager

Alex Feinman [MVP]

If you browse through the NG, you will find my post about bringing the CF
app to front (or disabling it creating a multi-instance app). Basically,
after the Load event is fired, CF plumbing goes through some hoops to ensure
that the current app is at the top. The easiest way to deal with this is to
set a one-shot timer for something like 500 msec. To be absolutely sure you
can set periodic timer and launch your app on timer but only after Activated
event has fired at least once