Is it possible to RETAIN multiple different display resolution settings across different user accoun

G

Hi fellows. This is the 1st few times I'd posted in a newsgroup, so please forgive me if this thread did not appear in the "correct section". Additionally, I'm posignthis query on behalf of a friend, & what information I'd obtained from him. He has a Windows XP Professional system with a few user accounts(around 3). The users of this system have different preferences for display resolution settings, i.e. user A likes 800 * 600; user B likes 1024 * 768. Currently, when an user logs off, it's display resolution settings is NOT restored the next time this same user logs on again, but rather, the display resolution of the last user who'd logged on will be, instead.

Is there anyway to "store" different display resolution settings for each user accounts so that each can enjoy their dislay resolution preference when they log on? I believe one can accomplish a similar feat in Windows 2000 family with roaming/mandatory profiles, but up to now I've not been able to perform the same with my friend's Windows XP (Professional) system. Any directions will be deeply welcomed, & appreciated.

G

Oh Kelly, how can I thank you enough for all the assistance you'd offered me in the past. Thanks, again, for this one, though it wasn't as "orthodox" a method as I thought. Any idea why the method in Windows 2000 family was rendered invalid in Windows XP family?

K

Kelly

Most welcome for the former, but after that, you lost me. :blush:(

Are you saying that the scripts won't work in XP or W2K? Or, are you asking
why the same settings that worked in W2K aren't working in XP? Or .........

G

No no no, I'm NOT saying the scripts don't work. I'm referring to the roaming/local profile function in Windows 2000 family(which CAN be used to retain display settings across multiple user accounts), & I do not understand why Windows XP do NOT have this function no more.

Ask a Question