IrfanView Q?

Thore

Hi all..
Have used IrfanView for some time, and the program have great
qualities...:)

A simple (?) question, though:

I have some photos I want on a website including thumbnails.
Simple enough...just press 'T' - ctrl-A to mark all and in the file menu
choose HTML...it generates a thumbnails.htm and everyboady is
happy...BUT:

In the libraries there are maybe 200-300 photos, and I want to make
thumbnail1.htm - thumbnail2.htm - thumbnail3.htm ... and so on, and
below the thumbnail pictures some links to 'page 2' - page 3'...
....but I can not get IV to do that... There's only a COLUMN setting -
not a ROW-setting... is there a way?

Michael Laplante

Thore said:
In the libraries there are maybe 200-300 photos, and I want to make
thumbnail1.htm - thumbnail2.htm - thumbnail3.htm ... and so on, and
below the thumbnail pictures some links to 'page 2' - page 3'...

If I understand, you want to have EACH thumbnail on a page of its own with a
link to the page with the full size image on it.
I don't think Irfanview alone will do this.

Eric

--
Venlig hilsen / Best regards
Thore Sorensen - DK2700 Brønshøj / DK2620 Albertslund

(Erstat evt. AT med @ i mailadressen hvis du mailer direkte)

What you realy want is something like JAlbum. It does a great job;
does all the resizing work and you can set the number of pictures per
row.

You can get it at: <http://jalbum.net/>

Eric

"Thore" <dinotecATmail.dk> wrote in message
| Hi all..
| Have used IrfanView for some time, and the program have great
| qualities...:)
|
| A simple (?) question, though:
|
| I have some photos I want on a website including thumbnails.
| Simple enough...just press 'T' - ctrl-A to mark all and in the file menu
| choose HTML...it generates a thumbnails.htm and everyboady is
| happy...BUT:
|
| In the libraries there are maybe 200-300 photos, and I want to make
| thumbnail1.htm - thumbnail2.htm - thumbnail3.htm ... and so on, and
| below the thumbnail pictures some links to 'page 2' - page 3'...
| ...but I can not get IV to do that... There's only a COLUMN setting -
| not a ROW-setting... is there a way?

I do it by setting up the folders with the max number of images I want per
page and generating the appropriate pages that way, next I'll edit the html
to link the pages.

Thore

If I understand, you want to have EACH thumbnail on a page of its own with a
link to the page with the full size image on it.
I don't think Irfanview alone will do this.

Example:

I have 120 pictures.
I want 10 thumb.htm's (thumb1.htm - thumb2.htm) and so on with 4
columns and 3 rows on each page (10 pages x 12 thumbs = 120 thumbs)

Under the bottom row on page 1 I want a link to the next thumbnail2.htm
and so on.

If I click a thumb the full picture comes up.
I got WebAlbumGenerator and tried it, and it look OK, and do the
trick..:) but all the pictures is renamed...:(

I have used IV for some time, and like the program, so I would just -
_if_ it could do what i wished, would stick to that...

Thore

What you realy want is something like JAlbum. It does a great job;
does all the resizing work and you can set the number of pictures per
row.

You can get it at: <http://jalbum.net/>

Eric

Tried to install it a couple of days ago...
Couldn't get it to run...some Java-issue..:(

Got WebAlbumGenerator and trying it out at the moment..:)

Henry Soszynski

Tried to install it a couple of days ago...
Couldn't get it to run...some Java-issue..:(

Got WebAlbumGenerator and trying it out at the moment..:)

Try Listpics as well, its quick and dirty, but its freeware and does
what you want. Just specify the directory with the pictures, and then
the number of pics per page, the program does the rest.
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~ksolway/
.... the URL doesn't work, but its all I could find.
Found the following instead ...
http://www.theabsolute.net/sware/#listpics

Good luck,
Cheers,
Henry

M.L.

Example:

I have 120 pictures.
I want 10 thumb.htm's (thumb1.htm - thumb2.htm) and so on with 4
columns and 3 rows on each page (10 pages x 12 thumbs = 120 thumbs)

Under the bottom row on page 1 I want a link to the next thumbnail2.htm
and so on.

If I click a thumb the full picture comes up.
I got WebAlbumGenerator and tried it, and it look OK, and do the
trick..:) but all the pictures is renamed...:(

The freeware version of ImCat (Image Catalog) can do all that
- and more - easily. It comes with some nice presets and allows a LOT
of customization of the HTML pages. http://www.moon1000.com