iPhone and color coding calendar

detobias

Just bought an iPhone and trying to find a way to have the calendar show
different colors for several different types of events as I was able to do on
my treo. I can do that in Outlook but it is not transferred to the iPhone
that way. I want to be able to see the events or at least the color on the
month view on the iPhone. The iPhone calendar shows a dot only on the month
view.
I have downloaded a google calendar interface with iPhone but it is not ideal.
any suggestions?? thanks!

M. Noreen

I searched the www.slipstick website this morning and have 6 pages of possible 3rd party apps that all claim to solve the problem of syncing outlook calendars with multiple computers and mobile devices. But I didn't see where any referenced syncing with the iphone as well as multiple computers (networked pc and laptop). How does a non-teckie distinguissh between the many apps available? Do you know of any specific apps that would allow syncing between network computers and the iphone 3gs (while keeping the outlook color coded calendar features)?

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

check in the apple newsgroups - if iphone can't show color categories, the
02-Apr-09

check in the apple newsgroups - if iphone can't show color categories, the
problem is with iphone or the sync software, not outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

[...]

BizTalk Repeating Structures Table Looping and Table Extract
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...0-a5704fe31a76/biztalk-repeating-structu.aspx

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'm not sure iphone supports color coding - check with the iphone experts in
Apple's iPhone forum for Mail, Calendar and Contact issues at
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1144

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

mailto:[email protected]

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

[...]

if you used outlook 2010, you could assign colors to the tabs in outlook,
but outlook 2007 lets you assign one then picks the next colors for
additional calendars.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com
"Diane" wrote in message

I just started using Apple's MobileMe with my iPhone and Outlook 7. I am
using 6 calendars, including one to track who is caring for my special
needs dog. Color coding these calendars (i.e which appointment in the
layered view is from which calendar) is essential so I can tell what any
given appointment is for (a client I have to go to, that the dog is
scheduled to be at his sitter's, etc.).

The color coding is working fine on the MobileMe website and on my iPhone.
But when the information downloads into Outlook, the Outlook calendar tabs
are different colors than the MobileMe colors. And I can't figure out how
to use Outlook's auto formatting feature to automatically color
appointments which are located in "x" calendar folder blue and those
located in another calendar folder purple.

Help?

Thanks.
Diane

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:

check in the apple newsgroups - if iphone can't show color categories,
the
02-Apr-09

check in the apple newsgroups - if iphone can't show color categories,
the
problem is with iphone or the sync software, not outlook.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]