Windows XP IP configuration "Netsh" batch file problem !

Reaction score
Hi
Has anyone got any ideas ? I've got a load of PC's to configure with static IP addresses and I'm trying to use the netsh command within a batch file so that I ultimately only have to manually modify the last octet on each machine ( I know thats why someone came up with DHCP to make life easy! )

The problem is the batch file runs the first netsh command and then goes back to the beginning in a perpetual loop. The line is shown below and I've tried a few scripts from the web but I guess I am missing something.

Target machines are XP Pro SP2

Script is :-

netsh interface ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 10.221.3.250 mask = 255.255.255.0

netsh interface ip set address name = "Local Area Connection" gateway = 10.221.3.1 gwmetric = 1

netsh interface ip set dns name = "Local Area Connection" source = static addr = 10.221.3.1

:netsh interface ip add dns name = "Local Area Connection" addr = 100.60.116.1

netsh interface ip show config

Any help much appreciated

Reaction score
IP configuration "Netsh" batch file :Reply to Thread

I'm a little old fashon but I used a floppy made by what I believe
was the host computer and used it to add on the guests. Each computer has to be programed for network and sharing. You can RUN "ipconfig" from the start button and see if windows can extrapalate the ip address.

Ask a Question