IP address conflicts

Reaction score
Novice network type trying to get an older Toshiba satellite to hook up to the internet via my home network with a D-link router and a link-sys network card installed in the toshiba. OS is Windows XP/SP3. The XP network controller will not see my Dlink router located in the next room, but when I switch and allow the Linksys controller to take over my home net is there, but I get the IP conflict message. 2nd issue is we like AOL and when I install same on this toshiba it will not provide me with a Broadband option and limits the set up to dial up only. Any one that knows please help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Is the DLink a router/modem that connects to an AOL ADSL connection? I'm just trying to figure out your network topology before making suggestions :)

You almost certainly don't need to configure AOL on the laptop if you have a modem/router which sorts your broadband connection.

Ask a Question