Invalid Display Settings -- Dual Monitor

G

I am getting an error "Invalid Display Settings" - "The currently selected display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver

I have a dual monitor system with an ATI 8500DV (AGP) and a Chaintech gForce 4 MX440-8X (PCI) display cards. The driver set for ATI is Catalyst 4.2 (WinXP version) and Nvidia 53.03 (WinXP version). My WinXP Pro service pack 1 is up to date with all patches. My motherboard is a Soyo SY-KT333 DRAGON Ultra (Platinum Edition) with a AMD Athalon 2100 CPU. I have 768 mb of ram

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers numerous times. It used to work before the font registery did not work (thanks to Kelly's website http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp.htm for the fix). I am at a loss at how to fix this. Currently when I go to display settings I get the error message and do not see the Chaintech video card. It is visible in the Device Manager under display adapters. All the drivers appear to look correct in the device manger

I would appreciate your assistance in getting my computer working

Thank

Rod

Ask a Question