Interval Between Labels problem

V

victor chiang

I'm making a Clustered Column chart. I have about 110 names, each with two inputs (that result in two columns per data label). In my chart, I can't get data labels to show up for every name. For "Interval between labels-Specify interval unit" I've inputted "1", but only every other data label shows up. I made the x-axis font size 2, so there's plenty of space for each data label.

Thanks!

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
Assemblies in Folder Debug Build Checker
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...assemblies-in-folder-debug-build-checker.aspx

Reaction score
Did you find a solution to this ?

I am also using a clustered column and struggling with the interval between labels. (excel 2010)

If I have a dataset with 80 - 90 columns it works fine whatever value I put in to the interval between labels field under the x axis options.

Once my dataset increses to 120 ish columns it misses out alternate labels even when the interval is set to 1. setting the interval to 2 or more works fine but I need every label displayed and have datasets with up to 200 columns.

I have set the font size to 4 so there is plenty of space to fit the missing labels. I cant find any reference to a maximum number of x axis labels before excel starts hiding them.

Ask a Question