Internet Explorer resets homepage to MSN

Reaction score
I recently went to satellite from dial-up. After doing so, I uninstalled the software from my dial-up provider, since I no longer needed it. After that, I discovered that my Internet Explorer homepage had been reset from the dial-up home page to MSN. I CANNOT change the MSN to anything else on a permanently.

I ran my anti-virus software and my anti-spy software (3 kinds), and nothing was found. I even tried uninstalling IE, rebooting and re-installing, and the homepage still gets set to MSN.

I also use Netscape, and my homepage was not changed to MSN.

I did an internet search for this, and I find very little, and nothing that really applies since they are talking about other than MSN homepages.

Any suggestions?

Elynn

Reaction score
Homepage resetting to MSN HELP

Hello,

Did you resolve your problem, only I am having this problem too....recently moved everything off an old PC to a new laptop only to find that each and every time I attempt to reset the homepage through Internet, Tools, Options that I'm being hijacked by MSN.com- HELP

Uniquegal

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I'm assuming your using Windows XP?

There will be a registry entry/Browser Helper Object from MSN somewhere on your system.

Firstly download and run CCleaner (untick the Yahoo toolbar option), then download, update and run Windows Defender, Ad-aware, Spybot S&D and SpywareBlaster - they are free programs available from HERE, and delete the entries they highlight to you as being adware/spyware etc.

See if that does the trick, if not come back and we will try a different tack:thumb:

Or of course you could just use Firefox as your browser;)

Reaction score
MSN restes homepage- success!!

Hello,

I ran CCLEANER, and SPYWARE BLASTER.

After looking at the Spyware Blaster details I saw that it had an option to 'edit browser page' - I did this and succesfully reset it from MSN to Yahoo!

Thanks a bunch - and the CCleaner also took loads of stuff I din't need off my PC saving space, it found copy progrmas and alsorts of things that I didn't need

Cheers for the help

UniqueGal x

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Glad to be of help - but I would highly recommend you download and use the others as well, particularly Windows Defender as it gives some real-time protection :thumb:

Ask a Question