Internal linker error

Len

Hi All,

I intermittently get the following error "fatal error LNK1000: Internal
error during Pass2"
There doesn't appear to be any info on this error, the output window has the
following in it also:

Version 7.00.9466
ExceptionCode = C0000005

ExceptionFlags = 00000000

ExceptionAddress = 103116D9 (10300000) "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio .NET\Common7\ide\mspdb70.dll"

NumberParameters = 00000002

ExceptionInformation[ 0] = 00000000

ExceptionInformation[ 1] = 0000483B

CONTEXT:

Eax = 00004839 Esp = 0012EAA8

Ebx = 00004839 Ebp = 0012EAA8

Ecx = 08134D38 Esi = 048D1618

Edx = 00000000 Edi = 082E5B4C

Eip = 103116D9 EFlags = 00010246

SegCs = 0000001B SegDs = 00000023

SegSs = 00000023 SegEs = 00000023

SegFs = 00000038 SegGs = 00000000

Dr0 = 0012EAA8 Dr3 = 00004839

Dr1 = 0012EAA8 Dr6 = 08134D38

Dr2 = 00000000 Dr7 = 00000000

Has anyone else seen this one?

Cheers, (Sorry for the font change, straight copy and paste caused this :(

Len

David Lowndes

I intermittently get the following error "fatal error LNK1000: Internal
error during Pass2"
Has anyone else seen this one?

I don't know if I've seen the exact same issue, but I've certainly
occasionally received the LNK1000 error. It usually disappears the
next time I build and I've never had a way of reproducing it.

Dave

Dan Spalding [MSFT]

--------------------
From: "Len" <[email protected]>
Subject: Internal linker error
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:12:03 +0800

[...]

Len,

If you can reproduce this with a small test case, I would appreciate seeing
it. In the meantime, try turning off incremental linking (/incremental:no)
to see if the problem goes away or not. After taking a look at the address
where this happens, it appears to be a corrupted debug record of some sort,
and I would definitely want to see this.

Thanks

Len

Thanks for responding to this,

Despite the error coming up on a semi frequent basis, it is difficult for me
to reproduce it as a test case. I am working on a solution that contains
several projects, however, this occurs when it tries to link to the
stdafx.obj file of a particular library that was built in the solution.

I will try and get around to making a test case for this, but I am
absolutely flat out so can't really promise anything soon.

Cheers,

Len