Interesting ... High Colesterol Con ?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As you know I ain't been feeling too good lately, so I been doin some "research" into my ailments ...

Have we been conned ?

... I did have a laugh, been eating what I like when I like it, minted lamb chops for dinner today ... will probably die of liver failure, than a heart attack, from takin all these pills.

I always take what I read with a pinch of salt ... err, no, I ain't allowed salt ... make that a grain of sugar.

Please make sure you consult your Doctor before you stop taking any medications. ;)

Now I got a headache, better go get a choc-chip-cookie before I pass out.
laughingsmiley.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Well it seems you're damned if you do and damned if you don't! Some very interesting facts there, especially about post WWII doubling of heart disease.

Seems strange that the countries that you'd expect to have the lowest cholesterol have the highest rates of the disease too? I'm still not going to have a fried breakfast every day though (as much as I'm like to :D).

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Statin this and Statin that...I'm already in a State as it is....:D

Everything in moderation just like my ma tells me...;)

CSB

Reaction score
I personally would consider excercise in ways like swimming can have a much greater health benefit than all these pills doctors like to prescribe, different parts of the body benefit from various foods too, so surely a bit of everything in moderation is more realistic?

Maybe I'm talking (e-mail address removed)
nod.gif

I hope your feeling a bit better now Mucks?

Last edited:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well, I'm afraid that I really wouldn't be too surprised.
I put on a ton of weight over my 2nd pregnancy (I wrote some of this in my wedding thread) & over the years since then I've done diets diet pills, exercise machines & 'eating healthy' 'till they came out my ears & I never lost more than a few pounds, which usually came back on again soon enough. I'm very physically active, even since I broke my back & have had to give up hiking & we had to sell the canoe :( I'm still, nevertheless, very active, even just around the place here, let alone swimming & the like and I've got enough self discipline that I could manufacture & sell the stuff plus I eat less & more healthily than just about anyone I know. I don't even like chocolates (yuck) & sweet things in general just don't do it for me. & yet I've always stayed over weight. I could never figure it & in the end just resigned myself to the whole thing, figured it was probably my metabolism or the epilepsy meds (which all slow metabolism), especially since I'm nearly 40 now so....

But, after John proposed I decided I had better really knuckle down, bought a ton of diet pills, cut my diet to absolute healthy minimum & started rowing 1 1/2 - 2 hours a night five nights a week. Lost a few mils... then stopped.
Oh well, a platau I thought, just keep at it, no pain no gain & all, it'll start dropping again... No go. I got fitter, which was cool, but i didn't loose any more size (I always measure size, not weight, weight is too unreliable & muscle tissue weighs more than fat anywhow so it can be quite misleading).

A whole lot of nothing. & then i put my head through that door, buggered my neck & had to stop rowing. plus I decided to just chuck the whole lot of conventional 'diet wisdom' & start paying attention to me!

I've dropped 4 dress sizes so far, almost completely effortlessly & without having to 'strain against temptation' or any of that crap. The weight has come off quickly ( much more so than dieticians tell you to expect ) & easily.
& without any more exercise than I would normally get working around the property here. & I'm still losing.
All I had to do was identify which foods were a problem for me personaly. Forget what dieticians & diet companies said. What actually effected me.
& I chucked the whole notion of 'can & cannot eat' & finally figured out, eventually & despite what the diet books all said, that I was a grown-up, quite well aware of consequences, & was quite capable of making decisions about what I'd eat at any particular time at that time.
I eat what I want, when I want. & I make my decisions at the time & if I choose to eat something that I know will have a 'negative effect' then i don't beat myself up about it. Just take that into account when deciding what i fancy for my next few meals.
To h*ll with 'no pain - no gain', I've got weight falling off me that I thought i was stuck with for life & it's taken almost no effort at all.
& Now I'm thinking of writing a diet book of my own. One that reminds people that they don't need to do what anyone else says, or what worked for someone else. Rather how to identify what works for them.
All that sh*t the diet industry AND medical profession has been feeding us all these years is just exactly that.
& I'm still losing!
I've lost 4 dress sizes already & can squeeze into the next one down... although I'm fond of breathing so I don't think I'll start wearing that yet :rolleyes:
easy :nod:

CSB

Reaction score
Thats a great result cirianz, but dont go getting to slim, and you said you've got a lot healthier so thats a bonus, plus alot of blokes (including me:D ) prefer a woman to be more naturally curvy ;)

Stuff those stupid up in the clouds womens magazines (if you read them) with so called celebritys that look like matchsticks

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
lol, thanks guys. No I'm not out to get too slim, I like the curvy look myself. But, since I'm not actually on a diet I figure that eventually my body will balance out at the weight that's right for it.
Don't wanna be too skinny anyhow,
especially at my age,
skinny women in my age group generally look a lot older than those with a few curves.
I think the subcutaeneous fat plumps out the skin a bit or something,
As it is, at the moment most people think I'm about 30ish & that suits me ;)