Interesting AMD article

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Neat article :nod: which lead me to another good one from the same site,

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3147...e-debuts-amds-rivals-to-shadowplay-fraps.html

AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
Highlights include impressive new rivals to Shadowplay and FRAPS.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have the new Crimson ReLive drivers ... and it's free.

gamer.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
nope, but I intend to ... lookout for video content coming soon to a forum link near you.

View attachment 10391

Yeah them truck driving vids will be top of my viewing list :lol:

I was thinking of more useful features like this,

Radeon Chill—which, like the ReLive feature, is disabled by default and must be enabled in the WattMan section of the Radeon Settings app—aims to scale down your graphics card’s GPU usage rather than pump out unneeded extra frames. The feature tracks your computer’s input. When your mouse and keyboard go idle for a few seconds, Chill dynamically scales down the frame rate because the on-screen action is static. When you start moving again, the frame rate fluidly ramps back up. Meanwhile, Chill’s constantly working to avoid excessively high frame rates to reduce the load on your GPU.

AMD
AMD says that using Radeon Chill in World of Warcraft results in up to 31 percent power savings and a temperature decrease of up to 13 degrees Celsius, while fan noise is also notably decreased. Like Nvidia’s Fast Sync, the biggest benefits come in less-intensive games that routinely pump out frames far faster than a system’s monitor can display them—think e-sports titles—though you’ll also see a difference in traditional titles, too.

:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Gotta be better than the Nvidia Geforce Experience software. I've posted elsewhere here about this subject but this software automatically sets all your games to which it considers the best resolution. Sounds good doesn't it but what Nvidia doesn't do is check your monitor can handle those high resolutions.

If your monitor only handles up to 1920 x 1080 for instance and the resolution is set to higher, the game simply won't start, you'll have to somehow exit the blank screen in front of you - often only enabled by hitting the reset button - then open the Nvidia software and manually reset the game's resolution. And when you have a lot of games that becomes a pain.

Second gripe is recently I installed the latest Nvidia driver and unticked the option to install the Nvidia sound driver as I'm using an Asus sound card. But Nvidia installed the poxy thing anyway which promptly disabled my sound.

I had to reset the sound's default output - digital out in my case, to a DAC - in the control panel.

I'm beginning to think the only use Geforce Experience has is notifying me when a new video driver is available so I'll likely get shot of it, it doesn't take much to check the Nvidia website to check for new drivers.

AMD/Radeon have long had a reputation for lousy drivers, looks like they might finally be getting their act together, let's hope so.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm in two minds about Nvidia Geforce Experience. So far I have installed it and let it do its thing and it seems to be behaving itself. :cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'll order in some extra popcorn for those. :drool:

I finally figured out OBS, well, no I didn't, but I got a video up ...
sharepopcorn.gif

pull up a chair, I have the perfect solution for insomnia. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
He he that;s neat. Looked like more like a red tractor than an orange one to me. Keep the vids coming they are miles better than the B rated Xmas movies showing daytime at the moment.
Laughing.gif

Ask a Question