interactive desktop

G

Is there a way to make my desktop interactive. Say i have a background image with lots of shapes & images, is there a way that i can set an image or shape on the desktop image to a link to either a program or website without the use of icons? Ex: my desktop image is the solar system. Click on the sun & it opens my computer. Click on Earth & it opens the internet. Click on the Moon & it opens Word. Sorta like... well exactly like a webpage. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated
Jason Abbott

D

dev

/jason abbott/ said:
Is there a way to make my desktop interactive. Say i have a background image with lots of shapes & images, is there a way that i can set an image or shape on the desktop image to a link to either a program or website without the use of icons? Ex: my desktop image is the solar system. Click on the sun & it opens my computer. Click on Earth & it opens the internet. Click on the Moon & it opens Word. Sorta like... well exactly like a webpage. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Tried creating just such a page, then making it appear on the Desktop?

Control Panel|DISPLAY|DESKTOP|CUSTOMIZE|WEB tab

B

Bee

Ah....Until such time that more are discovered, you have only 8 icons to
play with ( 9, if you are swayed by the argument that Pluto is a planet, 10
if Sedna is one at all); the other objects are just too small to be
represented on screen!

Bee.
--
[I have found my Shangri-La in ntlworld.]

--
jason abbott said:
Is there a way to make my desktop interactive. Say i have a background
image with lots of shapes & images, is there a way that i can set an image
or shape on the desktop image to a link to either a program or website
without the use of icons? Ex: my desktop image is the solar system. Click on
the sun & it opens my computer. Click on Earth & it opens the internet.
Click on the Moon & it opens Word. Sorta like... well exactly like a
webpage. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question