Interactive Buttons-hyperlink works but no graphic appears

G

I am putting my first pages together in FP2003. I've added a sidebar on the left using Interactive Buttons and coding each one to a different page on my website. I "Published Site" using FTP - the pages all transfer over and I see all of the GIF images that relate to the buttons, but when I open my website - I get the red X where the button should appear. When I put my mouse over the area where the buttons are (8 buttons in a row vertically) - I can see the alt text and can click on each button and the hyperlink works. Why won't the button graphic appear?

C

Crash Gordon

don't use ftp - use Publish.

| I am putting my first pages together in FP2003. I've added a sidebar on the left using Interactive Buttons and coding each one to a different page on my website. I "Published Site" using FTP - the pages all transfer over and I see all of the GIF images that relate to the buttons, but when I open my website - I get the red X where the button should appear. When I put my mouse over the area where the buttons are (8 buttons in a row vertically) - I can see the alt text and can click on each button and the hyperlink works. Why won't the button graphic appear?

G

I choose "Publish Site" and then choose to publish it to the server using FTP. Is there another way? I'm brand new using FP2003

S

Steve Easton

Where did you save the "buttons"??
If they are not in a location inside your web, they didn't get published to
the server, therefore the browser can't find them.
Any images used in your web * must* be in a located *inside* your local web
when you publish or else the path to their location is a folder outside of
your web. Hence the dreaded red X.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

Shawn said:
I am putting my first pages together in FP2003. I've added a sidebar on
the left using Interactive Buttons and coding each one to a different page
on my website. I "Published Site" using FTP - the pages all transfer over
and I see all of the GIF images that relate to the buttons, but when I open
my website - I get the red X where the button should appear. When I put my
mouse over the area where the buttons are (8 buttons in a row vertically) -
I can see the alt text and can click on each button and the hyperlink works.
Why won't the button graphic appear?

G

The buttons are saved in the same directory as my home page and all secondary pages. Should I have saved the buttons to the images directory? How can I go about saving them to the images directory after the fact?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

They don't have to be in the images folder
Provide a URL to the site so we can see the path to where the page thinks the images are

--

| The buttons are saved in the same directory as my home page and all secondary pages. Should I have saved the buttons to the
images directory? How can I go about saving them to the images directory after the fact?

C

Crash Gordon

don't have to be in images folder but keeping images in one place makes it easier to find things later.

| The buttons are saved in the same directory as my home page and all secondary pages. Should I have saved the buttons to the images directory? How can I go about saving them to the images directory after the fact?

S

Steve Easton

They show fine for me although not all of them display the mouseover hover
version

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive

R

Ronx

I see all the buttons. The Home button swaps on hover, they all swap on
clicking the button.

G

I'm using IE 6.0 with default settings - could it be a browser issue? I still don't see the buttons.

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Under IE, Advanced Settings do you Animation enabled?

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

Shawn said:
I'm using IE 6.0 with default settings - could it be a browser issue? I still don't see the
buttons.

S

Steve Easton

I'm using IE 6. Do you have Scripting enabled under Active Scripting.?
IE Tools > Internet Options > Security > Internet > Custom Level.

First though, trying clearing your Temporary Internet and History files, and
then reopen your website.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive

Shawn said:
I'm using IE 6.0 with default settings - could it be a browser issue? I
still don't see the buttons.

G

I checked it on both of my computers and can't see the buttons still. Then I called my friend and she can see the buttons just fine. Both of my computers are hooked up to a router for my cable internet. I'm thinking there must be ad adjustment I need to make on the router settings?

G

Yes, Active Scripting is enabled. I cleared out the history and temporary internet files, then tried to reopen the site, same thing - only red X's.

G

Thanks for all of your help. Turned out to be my router after all. As soon as I unplugged the cable from the router and put it directly into my computer I was able to see the buttons.

S

Steve Easton

That's a new one on me.!!

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive

Shawn said:
Thanks for all of your help. Turned out to be my router after all. As
soon as I unplugged the cable from the router and put it directly into my