Interactive Buttons Changing Color

G

Does anyone know how to change the color of an Interactive button to a custom color other than than the list you can pick from on the Interactive Button Properties Box?

S

Stefan B Rusynko

The colors are part of the images
Find the 6 button images of the style you want in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\BUTTONS
There are 3 .gif w/ transparency, and 3 .png (used to create .jpg) images for each button state
Edit them in an image editor to change the colors
--

| Does anyone know how to change the color of an Interactive button to a custom color other than than the list you can pick from on
the Interactive Button Properties Box?

G

Didn't fp 2002 let you change the color of the button when they called it a hover button instead of an interactive button

I use Visual Studio extensively at work but thought I would use fp 2003 for some simple web sites that people wanted me to design. I'm suprised at how limited it seems to be. There are several things that at first appear very useful (link bars, shared borders) but come with limitations such that any time you use them, your site screams "frontpage web site"

-Davi

----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: ----

The colors are part of the image
Find the 6 button images of the style you want i
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\BUTTON
There are 3 .gif w/ transparency, and 3 .png (used to create .jpg) images for each button stat
Edit them in an image editor to change the color
--

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Hover buttons are JAVA applets
- deprecated but still available in the tool well
Interactive Buttons are JavaScript based
- new to FP 2003

Link (nav) bars & shared borders are not new
- Shared Borders are deprecated in favor of Dynamic Web Templates

For all the other new feature you missed in FP2003 see
http://www.microsoft.com/office/frontpage/prodinfo/compare.mspx

| Didn't fp 2002 let you change the color of the button when they called it a hover button instead of an interactive button?
|
| I use Visual Studio extensively at work but thought I would use fp 2003 for some simple web sites that people wanted me to design.
I'm suprised at how limited it seems to be. There are several things that at first appear very useful (link bars, shared borders)
but come with limitations such that any time you use them, your site screams "frontpage web site".
|
| -David
|
|
|
| ----- Stefan B Rusynko wrote: -----
|
| The colors are part of the images
| Find the 6 button images of the style you want in
| C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\BUTTONS
| There are 3 .gif w/ transparency, and 3 .png (used to create .jpg) images for each button state
| Edit them in an image editor to change the colors
| --
|
|

Ask a Question