Intel Z97 Chipset Launch Review featuring Gigabyte, MSI and ASUS

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Hardware Heaven have been taking a look at the Intel Z97 Chipset Launch, and their review features motherboards from Gigabyte, MSI and ASUS:

"It is probably fair to say that Intel don't stealth launch their products... sure they have NDAs but by the time those expire we know pretty much everything about a new product. Part of this is of their own making, for example allowing feature previews a few weeks in advance of launches but much of it is to do with leaks. So for some time now we have known that the next generation Intel chipset was on the way and today it properly launches under the Z97 branding. We have three boards to run through our performance tests today, all with completely different approaches to Z97 and they are Gigabytes Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK, the MSI Z97 Gaming 5 and the Maximus VII Hero from ASUS."

intel-z97-launch.jpg

Read more here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
New chipset is good, but nothing special over Z87. Like wise with Haswell-E over Haswell.

Neither are worth upgrading too. Look nice though! :D

CSB

Reaction score
Nice colours and Red is my fav. I won't be doing another build for at least another couple of years.

When I do though, I think I'll go all out on the Motherboard and get a Republic of gamers edition or similar like the Maximus Asus boards.

Ask a Question