Intel Dual Core with Zalman 9500 not good

Ridge Walker

I use the D830 with Zalman 9500 [GA 8N SLI Royal and temps are about 68
degree C or 154 even with case open. What can I do? It keeps crashing
when burning, encoding, etc. I have heard of similar reports on other
Mobos even with liquid cooling with this CPU? I followed directions
when installing into a Lian Li case and using the Artic Silver 5 or
whatever from Newegg... no go. CPU is fast but worhless if it crashes
even 20 mins with even 60% load only.

Boba & Ilinka

I instaled 820 on assus p5wd2. I owerclocked it on 3080. Temperature is 55
C. So far so good.

Boba Vankufer

Ridge Walker

What case are you using it with ? Strange that I had the D830 and the
new Zalman 9500 supposed to be good but the temps were still way up
after turning it around and tried different things/

spodosaurus

Ridge said:
I use the D830 with Zalman 9500 [GA 8N SLI Royal and temps are about 68
degree C or 154 even with case open. What can I do? It keeps crashing
when burning, encoding, etc. I have heard of similar reports on other
Mobos even with liquid cooling with this CPU? I followed directions
when installing into a Lian Li case and using the Artic Silver 5 or
whatever from Newegg... no go. CPU is fast but worhless if it crashes
even 20 mins with even 60% load only.

AFAIK, the 9500 is not spec'ed for the D830.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

John Doe

Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:03:02 +0800
From: spodosaurus <spodosaurus _yahoo_.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: Intel Dual Core with Zalman 9500 not good

Ridge said:
I use the D830 with Zalman 9500 [GA 8N SLI Royal and temps are about 68
degree C or 154 even with case open. What can I do? It keeps crashing
when burning, encoding, etc. I have heard of similar reports on other
Mobos even with liquid cooling with this CPU? I followed directions
when installing into a Lian Li case and using the Artic Silver 5 or
whatever from Newegg... no go. CPU is fast but worhless if it crashes
even 20 mins with even 60% load only.

AFAIK, the 9500 is not spec'ed for the D830.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

spodosaurus

John said:
On the contrary, the 9500 is compatible with "All Dual Core Pentium
CPUs" according to Zalman.

I must be thinking of another model then, I'll go have a read of the
9500's specs when I get the chance.
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 18:03:02 +0800
From: spodosaurus <spodosaurus _yahoo_.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Ridge said:
I use the D830 with Zalman 9500 [GA 8N SLI Royal and temps are about 68
degree C or 154 even with case open. What can I do? It keeps crashing
when burning, encoding, etc. I have heard of similar reports on other
Mobos even with liquid cooling with this CPU? I followed directions
when installing into a Lian Li case and using the Artic Silver 5 or
whatever from Newegg... no go. CPU is fast but worhless if it crashes
even 20 mins with even 60% load only.

AFAIK, the 9500 is not spec'ed for the D830.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

spodosaurus

John said:
Or maybe you could be thinking of your favorite manufacturer.

???

w/e

Are you on crack?

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

John Doe

spodosaurus said:

You are always shilling for Zalman. Apparently you're infatuated
with (the appearance of?) their heatsinks.

The original poster was already looking for another solution. What
is the point of incorrectly saying that his heat sink isn't supposed
to work with his CPU? Do you want to discourage him from trying or
are you just making excuses for Zalman?
Are you on crack?

Because my experience with Zalman isn't rosy like yours?

spodosaurus

John said:
You are always shilling for Zalman. Apparently you're infatuated
with (the appearance of?) their heatsinks.

I only have two zalman products, and neither of them is a CPU heat sink.
You're a ****wit, or on crack, or both.

Ridge Walker

Hey no arguing guys.... thanks everyone for helping out. I was only
concerned that somehow it does not seem to cool down the CPU as well as
I had thought it would esp for paying nearly $70 for it with tax on
CompUSA. I could have got it online but needed it then...

Ridge Walker

Hey no arguing guys.... thanks everyone for helping out. I was only
concerned that somehow it does not seem to cool down the CPU as well as
I had thought it would esp for paying nearly $70 for it with tax on
CompUSA. I could have got it online but needed it then...

John Doe

Ridge Walker said:
Hey no arguing guys....

Very funny.
thanks everyone for helping out. I was only
concerned that somehow it does not seem to cool down the CPU as
well as I had thought it would esp for paying nearly $70 for it
with tax on CompUSA.

Ouch.

Surprisingly, that price isn't too bad compared to other stores,
however much that heatsink is he knew he actually worth.

I guess they think it's a bright idea, but I am turned off by
heatsinks/fans that include an LED.