Instant Touch Screen

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
A UK-based firm has unveiled a revolutionary projector-based technology that can transform any flat surface into a touch screen users can interact with.

Cambridge-based Light Blue Optics (LBO) has debuted its mobile interactive Light Touch projector, which uses proprietary holographic laser projection to create a virtual 10in WVGA touch screen on almost any surface.

The rest of this article is here: ITPro
happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I like the sound of this :)

Pico-projectors with this sort of technology would be really quite impressive in a mobile phone or laptop. I've seen one (without the touch screen) were you could just shine a video from youtube from your phone on to a wall (the pic was small though). Having touch screen at the same time would be even better!

Reaction score
Taffycat said:

The rest of this article is here: ITPro
happywave.gif

Hi Taffycat.
Very interesting artical.These are the same people I heard of who project a computer keyboard onto a desk and it works just like a real one,clever stuff.
I bet it will not be developed in this country.I warrent that the Japs or Americans will offer more money and imagination.
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
historian said:
Hi Taffycat.
Very interesting artical.These are the same people I heard of who project a computer keyboard onto a desk and it works just like a real one,clever stuff.
I bet it will not be developed in this country.I warrent that the Japs or Americans will offer more money and imagination.
historian

Not always.

Do your research.

Brits are still players.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The UK is pretty good at developing new technology - over the years some of the big players like QinetiQ (was DERA) have been at the forefront of new developments. There are lots of science parks dotted round the UK (Cambridge and Manchester spring to mind) and these startups are often academic-linked and come up with some clever ideas (especially when it comes to composites, security and space-tech).

We're not the biggest, but we do quite well compared to other countries our size :)

Ask a Question