Instant Send\Recieve over the network

willie

I am looking for a way to set the instant send and recieve over the network.
So that anyone in house that sends an e-mail will get it automatically. The
e-mail coming from out of the office will still come in at the regular 5
minute or so interval. I knwo this is possible I jsut don't know how.

Brian Tillman

willie said:
I am looking for a way to set the instant send and recieve over the
network. So that anyone in house that sends an e-mail will get it
automatically. The e-mail coming from out of the office will still
come in at the regular 5 minute or so interval. I knwo this is
possible I jsut don't know how.

How you do know it's possible?
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

*Vanguard*

"willie" said in news:uCOZXLj%[email protected]:
I am looking for a way to set the instant send and recieve over the
network. So that anyone in house that sends an e-mail will get it
automatically. The e-mail coming from out of the office will still
come in at the regular 5 minute or so interval. I knwo this is
possible I jsut don't know how.

Instant send and receive from what? When they send an e-mail, from what do
they then get a instant "receive"? E-mail is e-mail. It is not instant
messaging.

Are you looking for a way to trigger the recipient's AOL/Yahoo/MSN Messenger
to popup a new e-mail alert box when new e-mail arrives? Those messenger
clients (IMs) will do that anyway. The sender doesn't have to do anything
on their end. The recipient would need to configure their IM to notify them
of new e-mail.

Are you looking for some way to issue a "net send" command to the recipient
after you send an e-mail to them so a Messenger Service popup appears on
their screen? You'll need to define a rule in Outlook for "Apply this rule
after I send the message" that uses the "perform <a custom action>" clause.
You'll need 3rd party software to define the custom action you can use (to
run the "net send" command) or program it yourself. Outlook itself ships
with no custom actions.

You really need to better explain just exactly what you are trying to
accomplish.

Brian Tillman

*Vanguard* said:
Instant send and receive from what?

What I believe the OP means is that he wants messages internal to his
company delivered right away with no waiting for the five minute poll, but
that messages inbound from off-campus domains should be delivered only at
the polling interval.

Not possible, to the best of my knowledge.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Franz Leu

back to square one ..

Do you have an email server like exchange in-house?
afaik what you want is only possible with an in-house email server.

Immediate sending can be sitched on. Where to set? .. Depends on your
version of Outlook.

If the receipient gets his mail by POP, then you would still have the delay
between his polls to to the pop-server.

bye
Franz