Installing the XPS Document Writer

Alberto Di Meglio

Hi,

I've accidentally deleted the XPS Document Writer printer in Vista. How
can I get it back? If I try to 'Add a printer' I can see an XPSPort
entry in the list of local ports, but if I select it, it prompts me to
use one of the printer drivers I have for a USB printer.

Thanks for your help!

Alberto

Alberto Di Meglio

In case someone has the same problem, I've found the drivers in:

C:\Windows\System32\spool\tools\Microsoft XPS Document Writer

and installed from there.

Cheers,

A.

From: Alberto Di Meglio [mailto:[email protected]]
Posted At: Friday, January 19, 2007 11:40
Posted To: microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Conversation: Installing the XPS Document Writer
Subject: Installing the XPS Document Writer

Hi,

I've accidentally deleted the XPS Document Writer printer in Vista. How
can I get it back? If I try to 'Add a printer' I can see an XPSPort
entry in the list of local ports, but if I select it, it prompts me to
use one of the printer drivers I have for a USB printer.

Thanks for your help!

Alberto

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Launch Add Printer