Installing fax program in XP

G

I'm trying to install the fax component of XP. From controll panel i select add/remove programs and then add /remove windows programs. I check the fax box and ok. I get a message that says some files are missing, insert windows xp home edition service pack cd ( the only cd i have is windows xp home edition, not service pack). I insert the cd and ok,and it comes up with D:\i386 but the files i need are not found. I have downloaded sp1 from microsoft site, but when i open the folder, windows\service pack files\i386 the folder is empty.
Can anybody help me with any info, I would greatly appreciate it.

M

Mary Sauer

The i386 folder is on your hard drive, not in the Windows folder, it is similar to
this:
C:\I386

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://www.mvps.org/msauer/
news://msnews.microsoft.com
riark1 said:
I'm trying to install the fax component of XP. From controll panel i select
add/remove programs and then add /remove windows programs. I check the fax box and
ok. I get a message that says some files are missing, insert windows xp home edition
service pack cd ( the only cd i have is windows xp home edition, not service pack). I
insert the cd and ok,and it comes up with D:\i386 but the files i need are not
found. I have downloaded sp1 from microsoft site, but when i open the folder,
windows\service pack files\i386 the folder is empty.

G

Thanks for the reply Mary, I typed the path C:\I386 but still no good. I can't understand why it won't read the files of the windows xp disc. Any ideas?

G

Hi there, I waited for a responce,but it did not come. I was wondering if you, or any one else, could direct me to someone who might be able to sort out my problem
any help wouldbe great Thanks.

Ask a Question