Installer question

B

BVM

Hi:

i am creating a setup file. I want it to copy CDO.dll into C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT and register it. Do you know how to do it? I cannot find any property that let me copy files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT.

Thanks,

Dennis Huang

S

Steve Long

In your setup project, click on the File System Editor and right click File System on Target Machine and click Common Files Folder. Right click on the Common Files folder and create the folders that you need below it, e.g. System then Mapi, then 1033, then NT. Drag the file that you want in that folder from your list of files contained in your setup project to that folder.

HTH
Steve
Hi:

i am creating a setup file. I want it to copy CDO.dll into C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT and register it. Do you know how to do it? I cannot find any property that let me copy files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT.

Thanks,

Dennis Huang

S

Steve Long

Opps, this is for VS 2003 btw
In your setup project, click on the File System Editor and right click File System on Target Machine and click Common Files Folder. Right click on the Common Files folder and create the folders that you need below it, e.g. System then Mapi, then 1033, then NT. Drag the file that you want in that folder from your list of files contained in your setup project to that folder.

HTH
Steve
Hi:

Thanks,

Dennis Huang

B

BVM

I see. Thank you Steve.

Dennis

HTH
Steve
Hi:

Thanks,

Dennis Huang

Ask a Question