Inserting values into individual Excel cells

RD

Hi all,

So, I'm running several functions returning a single value each and
storing these in individual variables. The end result is that I'd like
to insert these values into chosen cells within Excel. I had thought
about putting these values into an array but haven't actually gotten
that far. An array is just one way. They can stay separate if that's
easier.

Regardless of that, I realized I have no idea how to put values from
Access into discrete cells in Excel i.e. put This value into This
cell. Obviously, TransferSpreadsheet is not going to work for this.
Has anyone done this before? Can you give me a hand here? There has to
be a way (I hope).

I'm thinking I need to actually open the spreadsheet first but that's
as far as my thinking has gone. Beyond that ... lost.

TIA,
RD

Douglas J Steele

You need to use Automation. Take a look at
http://www.vb123.com/kb/200507_ds_excel.htm for an example.

"RD" wrote in message
[...]

Whoa! I've never seen that site before. Excellent resource! Thanks!

Of course, reading through the code I realize I have, in fact, done
this before. It's just been so long I completely forgot.

Thanks for the reminder, Douglas.

Regards,
RD