Insert text from column A into column B, before text in column B

dbsupplements

Hi,

I am working with a very large database and I need to find a simple way
of inserting the text from 1 column and pasting it into another column,
which already has text in it. I want to paste this text to show up
before the text in the 2nd column. Here is an example:

COLUMN A
/images/products/

COLUMN B
AA-067.jpg

WHAT I WANT TO HAPPEN:
COLUMN B
/images/products/AA-067.jpg

Anyone have any ideas? Please let me know. I've been struggling with
what seems to be easy. Thanks :rolleyes:

Bob Umlas

In Column C, temporarily, enter =A1&B1 and fill down as far as necessary.
Then, copy column C, select Column B and use Edit/Paste Special, click
Values. Then Clear column C. Column B now contains what was in A AND B.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"dbsupplements" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

dbsupplements

Thanks a lot Bob, that worked perfectly. It sounds pathetic, but yo
helped A LOT