Inheritable Permissions Deselects

G

I would be grateful if someone can shed light on why from the Properties - Security tab the

"Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object", box when selected within an hour becomes deselected

This only applies to certain user accounts that were created before March 2003. All new users since then do not have this problem

I wish to Delegate Control to a Group so they can unlock Accounts and reset/change passwords

Chris

G

Also a second related problem

When you add a group into the security tab, that also dissapears from soon afterwards

----- Chris Beasley wrote: ----

I would be grateful if someone can shed light on why from the Properties - Security tab the

"Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object", box when selected within an hour becomes deselected

This only applies to certain user accounts that were created before March 2003. All new users since then do not have this problem

I wish to Delegate Control to a Group so they can unlock Accounts and reset/change passwords

Chris

J

Joe Richards [MVP]

Do a search on adminSDHolder. This is what is doing the stuff behind the scenes
on you.

joe

G

The adminSDholder under the System container in AD Users/Computers is the issue
Following Method 2 in KB article 817433 has resolved the proble

Thanks Joe

Ask a Question