information for mobility impaired

I am needing information concerning Windows ability to recognize the voice of
a quadrapaligic student wanting to sketch and draw using a wacom tablet and
integrate with Adobe graphics software Illustrator and Photoshop. Student
only has use of one shoulder and mouth and is willing to update system.

River_Rat

I don't know if any of this will suit your needs.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Voice+Recognition+Software

I personal use a couple Scansoft's applications and find it very nice and
easy to use, I don't know anything of their Voice Recognition software.

--
Good Day
River Rat

"(e-mail address removed)" <[email protected]@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message I am needing information concerning Windows ability to recognize the voice
of
a quadrapaligic student wanting to sketch and draw using a wacom tablet and
integrate with Adobe graphics software Illustrator and Photoshop. Student
only has use of one shoulder and mouth and is willing to update system.

Sharon F

I am needing information concerning Windows ability to recognize the voice of
a quadrapaligic student wanting to sketch and draw using a wacom tablet and
integrate with Adobe graphics software Illustrator and Photoshop. Student
only has use of one shoulder and mouth and is willing to update system.

The wacom tablet relies on touch and pressure to provide input to
Photoshop. Pressure, angle and position data are communicated from the pen,
to the tablet and then sent to the receiving application. The wacom pen
driver includes very extensive controls to adjust the pen input to a user's
liking.

Photoshop has many, many keyboard shortcuts that aid in drawing and in
manipulating the drawing. Most have corresponding menu commands. You should
be able to setup the menu commands with voice recognition software.

Also, some wacom tablets have a menu strip on their surface. By default
they offer standard menu items but can be customized (assigned a function)
by using additional software from Wacom. The additional software is
included on the disks that come with the tablet. Current updates for
drivers and software are available at the Wacom site.

Suggestion: You may want to contact both Wacom and Adobe for advice on
setting this up for your student. The two companies collaborate quite often
to adapt the pairing of the tablets to the software. They would be able to
provide additional information on what's already builtin and possibly
direct you to some additional tools.