Information file missing

Stephen

I have an Access Project. I upgraded the program from an Access MDB. As
part of the conversion, I linked the tables in the Access MDB to the current
Project. the purpose is that I wrote a series of Stored Procedures that, in
sequestial order, read from teh linked tables and write the records to the
SQL tables, thus the new tables, with revised structue and field, have all
of the old data from teh MDB.

I wrote this a little while ago and it worked GREAT!

Recently, I was testing teh software and tried to run a new import.

After running the first segment of the import, I get the following error:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB provider
returned message: cannot start your application. The workgroup
information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.]

I get it when it tries to run the last line of the following code:

'import admin drivers
frmUDS.ImportStatusText = "Importing admin drivers"
Wait (1) '// Will 1 seconds
strSQL = "DELETE FROM stblAdminDrivers"
conn.Execute (strSQL)
'reset counter
strSQL = "DBCC CheckIdent('stblAdminDrivers', ReSeed, 0)"
conn.Execute (strSQL)
conn.Execute ("IMPORTAdminDrivers")

The last line is running the local stored procedure. When I try to run the
stored procedure directly, it runs correctly.

I cannot figure out why this is happening.

I tried teh following:
1. Checked to see if the target file was opened in a frozen mode...it
wasn't
2. I rebooted the computer to release any existing locks..it didn't help
3. I ran a compile on the code to verify that there weren't any missing
class references....it didn't help

Does anyone know what might be causing this error and how to address it?

-Stephen

Vadim Rapp

Hello Stephen:
You wrote on Wed, 1 Sep 2004 03:00:41 -0700:

S> After running the first segment of the import, I get the following
error:

S> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server][OLE/DB provider
S> returned message: cannot start your application. The workgroup
S> information file is missing or opened exclusively by another user.]

this message is related to Access tables you linked to your project, and
specifically to the workgroup file that accompanies Access database. It is
not related to sql server.

Vadim