INDIRECT.EXT help

Reaction score
I need some help using indirect.ext. I have very little knowledge of advanced excel features and dont even know where to start with this feature.
I have installed the morefunc pack and have the indirect.ext function installed, running excel 2000 on an XP machine.

I have two workbooks, and would like one to extact data from another. With the current formula this only works when both books are open.

Current formula

=SUMIF('H:\CERN\Timesheets\2007-2008\Timesheet manager\[Timesheet Manager 2007-08.xls]Overview'!$D$6:$D$55,D7,'H:\CERN\Timesheets\2007-2008\Timesheet manager\[Timesheet Manager 2007-08.xls]Overview'!$Z$6:$AA$55)

This formula essentially scans a range of cells in one workbook and returns a value related to that in the row of the formula. Happy to post workbooks if it helps. I want this formula to work without having to open both workbooks. Can I use indirect.ext with a SUMIF formula? If yes can anyone explain how to use indirect.ext in this fashion, I dont know how to apply it.

Ask a Question