Incorrect Sorting

Tracy

I have a user running Outlook 2000 on a Win2K machine. She is trying
to view her contacts folder sorted by the FileAs field, which is
defaulted to Last Name, First Name. For some reason, several of the
contacts appear in the sorted view as if the FileAs field was First
Name, Last Name. When I drill into the contact, the FileAs field is
correct.

Any suggestions?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

In which view and which mail support mode of Outlook 2000?

Tracy

She is using the standard detailed address card view (nothing overtly
wrong with it, anyway - I checked) in C/W mode. We are running
Exchange 5.5, and she is a delegate to 2 senior managers.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Tracy said:
I have a user running Outlook 2000 on a Win2K machine. She is trying
to view her contacts folder sorted by the FileAs field, which is
defaulted to Last Name, First Name. For some reason, several of the
contacts appear in the sorted view as if the FileAs field was First
Name, Last Name. When I drill into the contact, the FileAs field is
correct.

Any suggestions?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Bizarre. I've never seen it. Were any of these Contacts imported? Do newly
created Contacts sort correctly?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Tracy said:
I have a user running Outlook 2000 on a Win2K machine. She is trying
to view her contacts folder sorted by the FileAs field, which is
defaulted to Last Name, First Name. For some reason, several of the
contacts appear in the sorted view as if the FileAs field was First
Name, Last Name. When I drill into the contact, the FileAs field is
correct.

Any suggestions?

Tracy

Russ:

Sorry I haven't replied sooner.

I checked with my user, and she says that none of these contacts were
imported. As far as new contacts, some are fine and some are
incorrect.

Could the view itself be corrupted? Or is this somehow related to
delegates (I've had lots of problems with this!)?

Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.

Tracy said:
She is using the standard detailed address card view (nothing overtly
wrong with it, anyway - I checked) in C/W mode. We are running
Exchange 5.5, and she is a delegate to 2 senior managers.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
In which view and which mail support mode of Outlook 2000?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
I have a user running Outlook 2000 on a Win2K machine. She is trying
to view her contacts folder sorted by the FileAs field, which is
defaulted to Last Name, First Name. For some reason, several of the
contacts appear in the sorted view as if the FileAs field was First
Name, Last Name. When I drill into the contact, the FileAs field is
correct.

Any suggestions?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Sorry, I have no idea. As I said I've never seen this behavior reproduced
other than in imported Contacts.You said you drilled into the File As...
Field, but what about the individual name elements? Are they parsed
correctly?

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Tracy said:
She is using the standard detailed address card view (nothing overtly
wrong with it, anyway - I checked) in C/W mode. We are running
Exchange 5.5, and she is a delegate to 2 senior managers.

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
In which view and which mail support mode of Outlook 2000?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
I have a user running Outlook 2000 on a Win2K machine. She is trying
to view her contacts folder sorted by the FileAs field, which is
defaulted to Last Name, First Name. For some reason, several of the
contacts appear in the sorted view as if the FileAs field was First
Name, Last Name. When I drill into the contact, the FileAs field is
correct.

Any suggestions?

Tracy

Everything I can think of to check about the weird contacts looks
perfect. The names getting parsed correctly was the first thing I
looked at.

I'm going to try creating a new view and a few other thoughts
tomorrow, and will let you know if I find out anything. Thanks for
trying!