Incorrect DWT being used by page

G

I have multiple sections in my web. I created sec1.dwt which has an include page with a manually created list of links in the section. Attached all the pages I wanted and it worked beautifully

I then created sec2.dwt - very similar to sec1.dwt, but with a different include page and therefore different links attaching. Attaching pages to sec2.dwt also appeared to work, but when I published the pages (my host site runs Extnsions 2002), the pages in section 2 were showing the links to section 1, which when I checked the code was what had been coded. I did not copy sec1.dwt to create sec2.dwt, but started from scratch

I was forced to detach sec2.dwt and manually correct the include page link

Regards

Roger

S

Stefan B Rusynko

Don't see how publishing could have done that
- The FP SE don't support automatic updating of DWT
(automatic updating is only supported in Disc based webs and WSS)
- the DWT content is hard coded Html to all pages when they are saved
(not reset or automatically updated when you publish or reopen the site)
- Publishing under the FP SE does update the Include page webbots w/i a page, and it appears your second set of pages had the wrong
include page webbot link

Check your View Reports Shared Content (DWT) to see if somehow you have applied the wrong DWT to the wrong pages

PS
Not sure why you are using include pages for your nav w/i a DWT
- that's the function that should be part of the DWT (not an include page)
To update your nav you would edit your DWT, and update all pages using that DWT
- automatic in Disc based webs or WSS
- if you are locally running the FP SE, you need to open each page using a DWT to update it

--

| I have multiple sections in my web. I created sec1.dwt which has an include page with a manually created list of links in the
section. Attached all the pages I wanted and it worked beautifully.
|
| I then created sec2.dwt - very similar to sec1.dwt, but with a different include page and therefore different links attaching.
Attaching pages to sec2.dwt also appeared to work, but when I published the pages (my host site runs Extnsions 2002), the pages in
section 2 were showing the links to section 1, which when I checked the code was what had been coded. I did not copy sec1.dwt to
create sec2.dwt, but started from scratch.
|
| I was forced to detach sec2.dwt and manually correct the include page link.
|
| Regards,
|
| Roger

Ask a Question