In PowerPoint, how is the name of a linked narration file chosen.

I entered in a narration for 5 slides in my PowerPoint presentation. Five
..wav files were created (in the folder I specified) with the following names:
Presentation1256.wav ..... Presentation1260.wav. When I eventually have a
thousand
of these .wav files, how do I know which file goes with which slide?

Kathy Jacobs

Normally, these files are named with the presentation name followed by the
slide number. In your example, that would mean that your sound files either
go with slides 256 to 260 or 56 to 60 (depending on if you have save the
presentation as Presentation1 or Presentation12).

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

"rstone101 Santa Barbara" <rstone101 Santa
news:D[email protected]...

Kathy Jacobs said:
Normally, these files are named with the presentation name followed by the
slide number. In your example, that would mean that your sound files either
go with slides 256 to 260 or 56 to 60 (depending on if you have save the
presentation as Presentation1 or Presentation12).

--
Kathryn Jacobs, Microsoft MVP PowerPoint and OneNote
Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! Books
Get PowerPoint answers at http://www.powerpointanswers.com

I believe life is meant to be lived. But:
if we live without making a difference, it makes no difference that we lived

"rstone101 Santa Barbara" <rstone101 Santa

Thanks for the quick response. I've saved the PP presentation as
"Presentation for October", and the slides I saved narration on were the
first five in the
presentation. Where does the 1256 - 1260 came from?

Steve Rindsberg

Rstone101 Santa said:
Thanks for the quick response. I've saved the PP presentation as
"Presentation for October", and the slides I saved narration on were the
first five in the
presentation. Where does the 1256 - 1260 came from?

You probably saved it after recording the narration. Until you save it (ie,
give it a name) the presentation's name is Presentation1.

PPT uses the presentation name + SlideID for the slide to create a name for the
narration file. SlideID is a number assigned by PPT to each slide as it's
created; it always starts with 256.

So that's where the stuff comes from.