Improve the performance of Excel 2007.

Heera

Hi,

My company has installed excel 2007 and it works really slow. It gets
hung-up when were i copy the rows.

I am really fed up with the problem. Can we specify the no of rows and
columns in excel 2007. I am really fed-up with the speed of work.

Please help.....help.....help.....

Regards

Heera

Jim Cone

Pack a lunch and then check this out...
"Improving performance in XL2007" by Charles Williams
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
(it is still going to be slow)

"Heera" <[email protected]>
My company has installed excel 2007 and it works really slow. It gets
hung-up when were i copy the rows.
I am really fed up with the problem. Can we specify the no of rows and
columns in excel 2007. I am really fed-up with the speed of work.
Please help.....help.....help.....
Regards
Heera

Gary Keramidas

sent some files to an excel team member year and a half ago, this is the comment
on the blog, and i never heard a thing. it was about pivottables, but my request
was just about code execution.

# re: Help us make Excel PivotTables faster .
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:57 AM by gay keramidas
how about just some simple code that loads a series of workbooks and takes 5
times longer in vista/o2k7 than it takes in xp/o2k3?

where can we send this? this is totally unacceptable to me.

Gary Keramidas

i glanced through that a while back and i don't buy a lot of it. i know he knows
more than me about excel, but some of the reasoning doesn't make sense to me.

Charles Williams

Hi Gary,

Please let me know (preferably offline from the newsgroup) which parts of
the article don't make sense to you.

regards
Charles
The Excel Calculation Site