ImportXML => "Run-time error '31550': Not all of your data was successfully imported"

Malcolm Cook

Dear MS Support,

I get the error
Run-time error '31550':

Not all of your data was successfully imported. Error descriptions with
associated row numbers of bad records can be found in the Microsoft
Office Access table 'ImportErrors'.
When I run Application.ImportXML in an ADP
Application.ImportXML "C:\path\to\myfile.xml", acAppendData

When I look at the ImportErrors table, I see entries like:

XML Text
Error Message
Result
Timestamp

my_Table

Table was not imported
4/10/2006 2:21:11 PM

but when I look at my_Table I see that all the data is in myfile.xml did import correctly!

I'm using Access 2003 against SQL Server 2002 SP3

One thing that strikes me as very odd is that wne I trace the activity using SQL Profiler, I see 'create table' statements, even though I provide acAppendData

Ideas? Suggestions? Anyone?

privatenews

Hello Malcolm,

Based on my research, this issue seems to occur in some builds of Access
2003. Please make sure you have installed the Office 2003 SP2 before you
try to reproudce the issue.

Regards,

Peter Yang
MCSE2000/2003, MCSA, MCDBA
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: "Malcolm Cook" <[email protected]>
Subject: ImportXML => "Run-time error '31550': Not all of your data was successfully imported"
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:54:38 -0500
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver

[...]

Peter Yang,

I am using Access 2003 (11.6566.6568) SP2 installed from MSDN subscription. I am not otherwise using

Can you hel me further?

--Malcolm

privatenews

Hello Malcolm,

Based on my further test, this issue seems to be current behavior of
Application.Importxml in ADP. It will try to create table even if
acAppendData is used. If acAppendData is not used, a new table will be
created under the situation. Also, this issue only occurs in ADP, not in
MDB.

Please rest assured this feedback has been routed to the proper channel. If
there is any update on the issue, we let you know as soon as possible.

If you want to follow up on this issue soon, I recommend that you open a
Support incident with Microsoft Product Support Services so that a
dedicated Support Professional can assist with this case. If you need any
help in this regard, please let me know.

For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers,
please go to the following address on the World Wide Web:
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp

Best Regards,