Importing contacts into outlook from excel

Liz

I have a list of contacts in excel and have tried several times to
import the info into outlook contacts.

I have named the ranges in Excel and yet when I import the data it
puts each line of the address and phone numbers etc. in as seperate
contacts, where can I find more information and help on how to do
this?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

"named the ranges"? You need only one named range, unless you are importing
multiple data sets from a single workbook. The range must encompass all the
rows and columns that you want to import.

Liz

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

Thanks I have now just the one range and when I try now I get all the
name and address at once and map to the required fields in Outlook,
then when I click on finish it seems to do something but nothing is in
the contacts folder.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Try importing to a different folder, one that you create especially for this
purpose. If that works, move the items into the Contacts folder and check
that folder for a filter.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of