Import txt files

lucianopaulinosilva

From: (e-mail address removed)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.externaldata
Subject: Import TXT files
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:23:09 -0000

Dear all,
I have a directory containing 10,000 txt files that I have to import
for excel.
Any file have two lines and I need that they appear in excel as the
following:
1-First column = File name;
2-Second column = Second line of all the txt files since the first line
contains only headers.

Filename Values
A.txt 235
B.txt 454
C.txt 475
D.txt 7854
E.txt 751

Do you have some suggestion about how could I do that?
Thanks in advance,
Luciano

Bobocat

hi,
Want to confirm that if all the text files imported to become a xls file?
a.txt --> a.xls?
or those files will consolidate to become one file, sys, total.xls?
Second, how many rows you expected to import for those 10000 txt file?
normally 65536 rows is the max size of the spreadsheet