Immediate Window will not Open


H

Hank Borkovitz

When I try to open the immediate window from The Visual Basic Editor from MS
Access 2003, by ctrl-G, an Icon, or from the view menu, the Visual Basic
Editor loses focus and the Immediate Window does not open.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it or got an idea?

I've tried using the control Panel's Add Remove Programs to "Reinstall" Or
"Repair" but this did not help!

Hank
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

Stuart McCall

Hank Borkovitz said:
When I try to open the immediate window from The Visual Basic Editor from
MS Access 2003, by ctrl-G, an Icon, or from the view menu, the Visual
Basic Editor loses focus and the Immediate Window does not open.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it or got an idea?

I've tried using the control Panel's Add Remove Programs to "Reinstall" Or
"Repair" but this did not help!

Hank

Sounds like the immediate window has got itself positioned off-screen
somehow. Change your screen resolution to something higher and see if it
appears. If it does, drag it up the screen a bit then switch resolution back
to how you had it.
 
H

Hank Borkovitz

I'm using the maximum resolution so cannot follow your suggestion.

Had this problem with an old Windows program and could fix it in the INI
file.

Any clue if this could be fixed in the registry???

Thanks for the response.

Any suggestions!


Hank


--
(e-mail address removed)
Henry S. Borkovitz (Hank)
W181 N8291 Destiny Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-3503
(262) 255 4313
 
S

Stuart McCall

Hank Borkovitz said:
I'm using the maximum resolution so cannot follow your suggestion.

Had this problem with an old Windows program and could fix it in the INI
file.

Any clue if this could be fixed in the registry???

Thanks for the response.

Any suggestions!


Hank


--
(e-mail address removed)
Henry S. Borkovitz (Hank)
W181 N8291 Destiny Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-3503
(262) 255 4313

Don't have a registry solution, but you could try this:

1 open the VBE
2 Press Ctrl-G to give focus to the immediate window
3 Press Alt-hyphen to drop down it's system menu
4 Press M (for Move)
5 Use the arrow keys to move the window
6 When (hopefully) you get it to where it belongs, press Return

HTH
 
H

Hank Borkovitz

Thanks again,
I tried your suggestion at home in Access 2000. After ctrl-G and alt- and
M, the VBE moved not the Immediate window.

I could move the Immediate window by right clicking on the top bar of the
window and M. But at work I do not see the window.

By Right clicking in the body of the Immediate window at home there are
dockable and hide options. How can one unhide the Immediate Window. Ctrl-G
does that at home. Is there another way, other than the view menu or a
customized icon?

Your help is appreciated!

Hank




--
(e-mail address removed)
Henry S. Borkovitz (Hank)
W181 N8291 Destiny Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-3503
(262) 255 4313
 
S

Stuart McCall

Comments inline:

Hank Borkovitz said:
Thanks again,
I tried your suggestion at home in Access 2000. After ctrl-G and alt- and
M, the VBE moved not the Immediate window.

The window could have somehow got itself positioned way off the screen, so
you may need to hold down the arrow keys to get any visible action. That
said, let's try to prove that the immediate window is still working even if
not visible. Press ctrl-g to give it the focus and type the word beep. Press
return & see if it beeps. If it does then we're on the right track.
I could move the Immediate window by right clicking on the top bar of the
window and M. But at work I do not see the window.

By Right clicking in the body of the Immediate window at home there are
dockable and hide options. How can one unhide the Immediate Window.
Ctrl-G does that at home. Is there another way, other than the view menu
or a customized icon?

I tend to run with everything un-docked so I forgot about that. Go to Tools
| Options | Docking Tab. Make sure immediate window is un-checked. Then try
moving the window as I described.

<snip>

If none of the above works, then I'm fresh out of ideas...
 
Ad

Advertisements

H

Hank Borkovitz

Stuart,
Making it non-docking it got the window back. However, I cannot make it
dockable, it disappears.

Problem Solved. However it does not respond to beep; though I have programs
that do beep.

Thank you,

Hank


--
(e-mail address removed)
Henry S. Borkovitz (Hank)
W181 N8291 Destiny Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-3503
(262) 255 4313
 
S

Stuart McCall

Hank Borkovitz said:
Stuart,
Making it non-docking it got the window back. However, I cannot make it
dockable, it disappears.

Problem Solved. However it does not respond to beep; though I have
programs that do beep.

Thank you,

Hank

Glad we managed to solve it. However from what you describe it looks like
the VBE thinks your screen is bigger than it really is. I think at this
point I'd create a new file and import everything into it. It may or may not
have the desired effect of resetting the VBE. Can't hurt to try, though.

I just tried beep in the immediate window of A2003's VBE and sure enough it
made no sound. Made a public sub test containing a beep statement, then ran
it from the immediate window and got a beep. Go figure.
 
Ad

Advertisements

H

Hank Borkovitz

It affected VBA in Word, Access, Outlook, excel the same way. My guess is
it is buried in the registry. I'm not inclined to waste time on it. Like
you I'll skip docking.

--
(e-mail address removed)
Henry S. Borkovitz (Hank)
W181 N8291 Destiny Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051-3503
(262) 255 4313
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top