IMEI number

Peter Foot [MVP]

It is accessible through platform invoking one of the TAPI functions
lineGetGeneralInfo (after using lineOpen to open a handle to the TAPI line),
however as retrieving the IMEI is a privileged call in Smartphone 2003 your
application will need to be signed with a privileged (operator) certificate
to operate on an off-the-shelf device.

Peter

Mansuriatus Shahrir Amir

I manage to do it programmatically, using the Beta TAPI library by Alex
Feinman. I think you need to email him personally to ask for the library.
However, my PPCPE is XDA II and unlocked. I'm not sure whether it will work
with any other PPC PE either locked or unlocked.

David Wrighton [MS]

Yes, the operator is the one to contact for this.

David Wrighton
.NET Compact Framework

| From: =?Utf-8?B?ZWxpc2lt?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: IMEI number
| Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 07:01:11 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| Dear Peter

How can I sign my application with the privileged (operator) certificate?
Should I contact the operator?

Thanks in advance

Simone

--
Peter Foot
Windows Embedded MVP

elisim said:
How can I get IMEI number from smartphone 2003 in .NET CF?