imaginary sound card keeps installing itself?

J

jbclem

Everytime I uninstall it, and reboot, this non existent Yamaha DS1 sound card installs itself. This is preventing my
real sound card that I just bought (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) from installing itself. The old sound card managed to
co-exist with the imaginary one, but the Santa Cruz won't. I've gone through the registry and removed all references to
Yamaha (some keys wouldn't delete until I changed their permissions). That takes 30 minutes...then on the next reboot
they/it reinstall. I've uninstalled the Yamaha in Device Manager but it comes right back.

Is there a way I can prevent plug and play from reinstalling this Yamaha sound card. It is not present on the
motherboard, so I can't remove it. This is an old computer, P2 350mHz, running Windows 2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...this is driving me nuts.

jc

B

Ben Myers

jbclem said:
Everytime I uninstall it, and reboot, this non existent Yamaha DS1 sound card installs itself. This is preventing my
real sound card that I just bought (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz) from installing itself. The old sound card managed to
co-exist with the imaginary one, but the Santa Cruz won't. I've gone through the registry and removed all references to
Yamaha (some keys wouldn't delete until I changed their permissions). That takes 30 minutes...then on the next reboot
they/it reinstall. I've uninstalled the Yamaha in Device Manager but it comes right back.
Is there a way I can prevent plug and play from reinstalling this Yamaha sound card. It is not present on the
motherboard, so I can't remove it. This is an old computer, P2 350mHz, running Windows 2000.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...this is driving me nuts.

Click "Start", "Settings", "Control Panel", double-click "Administrative Tools", double-click
"Services" and see if the "Startup Type" for "Plug and Play" is set to "Automatic". If so,
double-click it and change it to "Manual" or "Disabled". Then restart and try to install the
correct driver for the sound card.

Ben

Ask a Question