Images not appearing when site is published

Occasionally, my images will not appear after publishing my site. Images are
located in the "images" folder within my website folder. I have tried
deleting and re-inserting, and tried re-naming the image files. They are
250-300 pix jpg files. URL is
http://www.threerosesgifts.com/special_offers/wholesalePage.htm. You will
see that some of the pics appear just fine, but others just give me the
dreaded "x". Thanks for any help/advice.

Thomas A. Rowe

Remove all spaces from all folders and filenames.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Open the site live, and browse to your images folder, see if those image files really exist on your server. Doesn't look like they do.

If it does, delete it off the server, then log out, and open your local copy and try republishing. You may want to try Recalculate Hyperlinks before re-Publishing. See if that helps.

ThreeRoses

Please advise what you mean by "Open the site live, and
browse to your images folder"....also unsure how
to "delete it off the server, then log out"

These images do reside in the images folder on my HD.

Thx,
Open the site live, and browse to your images folder,
see if those image files really exist on your server.
Doesn't look like they do.
If it does, delete it off the server, then log out, and
open your local copy and try republishing. You may want
to try Recalculate Hyperlinks before re-Publishing. See
if that helps.
wrote in message [email protected]...http://www.threerosesgifts.com/special_offers/wholesalePag
e.htm. You will

?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Rob_Giordano_\=28Crash_Gordon=AE\

Welp..your site appears to have FP extensions installed, so you could actually edit the web live if you had to.

Open FP then File | Open Web
then put in the online url http://www.threerosesgifts.com enter your username & password when prompted and you'll be on the server with FP.

I only edit live when I have to clean something up, or make a quick change though.

log out = Close Web.

Then open your local web (the one on your harddrive) and RePublish to the http://wwwthreerosesgifts.com

sheetrum

I don't have any good explainations about what is happening. I do know that
I have had the same thing happen to me. Re-name the file, making sure you
use all lower case (absolutely NO capitals). A few of your pics follow
these guidelines, but re-name them anyway, like from roses to roses2. If
it's important to you to have the original file name (that doesn't work),
delete the original and publish with the second file name If FrontPage
askes to delete the original file from the webserver, say yes. once
published with the new file name, the picture should work. If it does, you
can re-name the file back to the original file name and delete the "rose2"
file from your HD and website.

I know this seams like the long way around, but I am talking from experience
as I have had to do this more than once. I have already had to go with
"rose3" to get the pictures to work, but I did get them to work!

What version of FP are you using?

With FP 2003 you get a view with one side being your HD and the other being
the website. I'm sure you could delete files from this window if needed,
although I haven't tried it.

Stefan B Rusynko

The site appears to be on a Unix server so CaSe may be the issue too

--

| Many of the missing images are like this
| http://www.threerosesgifts.com/images/fish_asst.jpg or this:
| http://www.threerosesgifts.com/images/votive_Candleholders_Emotions.jpg
| with no spaces and not on the hard drive.... so I'm a bit stumped. Both
| images, however were not found on the server.... so why don't you try
| uploading those problem images again.
| Eleanor
|
| | > Occasionally, my images will not appear after publishing my site. Images
| > are
| > located in the "images" folder within my website folder. I have tried
| > deleting and re-inserting, and tried re-naming the image files. They are
| > 250-300 pix jpg files. URL is
| > http://www.threerosesgifts.com/special_offers/wholesalePage.htm. You will
| > see that some of the pics appear just fine, but others just give me the
| > dreaded "x". Thanks for any help/advice.

sheetrum

I see you have your pictures showing up correctly. I glad we could help.

I'm in this newsgroup to learn as well as help out were I can (if I helped
at all).

Sheetrum