Images and Bookmarks

G

Help please! I am pulling out my hair. I am trying to link images to bookmarks on another page. My bookmark page contains a table converted from excel. I have set my bookmarks and saved the page, hyperlinked my images to their respective bookmarks, and removed the spaces and punctuation from the bookmark names. When I test out my link it just goes to the top of the page not the bookmark. What am I missing

Ever so gratefu
april

T

Thomas A. Rowe

When the browser hits the page with the bookmark, the bookmark will only appear at the top of the
page, if it hidden from view by the size of the browser's window.

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

april said:
Help please! I am pulling out my hair. I am trying to link images to bookmarks on another page.
My bookmark page contains a table converted from excel. I have set my bookmarks and saved the page,
hyperlinked my images to their respective bookmarks, and removed the spaces and punctuation from the
bookmark names. When I test out my link it just goes to the top of the page not the bookmark. What
am I missing?

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Ok, when you open a page in a browser that has bookmarks, if the bookmark items can be seen without
scrolling, then if you link to the page via link with a bookmark, the page will not just open to the
bookmark. Now this does depend on the browser and version.

Examples:

http://www.ycoln-resources.com/resources/scripts/default.asp#script1 this is the first bookmark on
the page, any most cases will not appear at the top of the browser window.

http://www.ycoln-resources.com/resources/scripts/default.asp#script10 this is the last bookmark on
the page, any should always appear at the top of the browser window.

--
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Ask a Question