Image problems

Hey all.

I need to find the sequence I need to enter into my 'run' box to restore the
Windows Fax Viewer as default image viewer. I was on here a few months ago
and had an answer, which I made a note of and emailed to myself in case I
needed it again. And now I need it again and can't find it.

The code I'm after restores the Windows Fax Viewer as default for images,
which in turn then opens the editor when hitting the 'edit' button. It also
restors the setting within windows that when you hover over an image with
your mouse cursor, the little drop down information box displays the
dimensions as well as the file size and name of the image.

Any help would be great here - it's annoying that it's suddenly undone
itself and I know I'm a pudding for not making a third reference in case of
loss.

WanderingElf

Ramesh, MS-MVP

regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

Your previous post:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...46b0368c6ec/afa4e39288873034#afa4e39288873034

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
From: WanderingElf <[email protected]> - Find messages
by this author
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:43:01 -0800
Subject: Problem with image information - Please help

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

[...]

Nepatsfan

In (e-mail address removed)
WanderingElf said:
[...]

Does this look familiar?

http://tinyurl.com/9w97k

Courtesy of MS-MVP's Frank Saunders and the late Alex Nichol

Click Start.
Click Run.
Type this line:
regsvr32 shimgvw.dll