im having trouble with Application.GetSaveAsFilename

Reaction score
Hi,

Im working on some excel development at my company and need a little help with this code.
Basically I am automating a manual process to save reports. This needs to display the save as dialog box, navigate to the correct directory on the network and display a generated filename. When the user presses save then the document should save it in the place specified.

I can not automatically do the save because the directory calculated isnt 100% accurate; a few people have there own unique directory structure.

This is what I have so far but it doesnt actual save anything. how can i make it function correctly? It doesnt need to be the "save as" dialog box "save" would do as its a new file.

Code:
  'set the save location directory
  ChDir ("\\Fp2hq\restrictedquality$\North\Quality\Editors Folder\" + Range("B10").Value + "\" + Range("B3").Value + "\" + CCINewName)

'display save as dialog box and display a custom filename
  FullFileName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(CCINewName + "   " + Range("E4").Text, _
  	"Excel files (*.xls),*.xls", 1, "Save As.....   Please select the folder you wish to save the report into")

any help is appreciated. thanks,
Ben

Ask a Question