if then else statement for on open event

G

Hi there,

i have two fields on a combo box called 'test type' and the second field a text box called 'export country'. I want to run an if statement that says if the value of combo box 'test type' is "Export" then field 'Export Country' is visible, else, 'export country' is not visible.

I can do this with a simple if then else statement on a form, but on the reports on open event I get an error that says "Runtime error 2427: You entered an express that has no value"

What am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance

F

fredg

Hi there,

i have two fields on a combo box called 'test type' and the second field a text box called 'export country'. I want to run an if statement that says if the value of combo box 'test type' is "Export" then field 'Export Country' is visible, else, 'export country' is not visible.

I can do this with a simple if then else statement on a form, but on the reports on open event I get an error that says "Runtime error 2427: You entered an express that has no value"

What am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Your using the wrong event.
Assuming your writing a valid expression, place it in the Report
section's Format event that you wish the text box to display in.
Probably the Detail Format event.

Ask a Question