IEExplorer.exe error DLL causing it...?

G

I am having difficulty locating the root of my IE explorer problem

The problem
Several .dll files are causing a fault in Internet Explorer and causing it to close. You can reopen IE and it will be fine for a short period of time before it happens again

What I did to address the problem

I was running MS Windows ME & IE5.5 when the problem was occuring. I decided to upgrade to Win2KPro. The upgrade went fine. [Except for hardware drivers being unusable.] After upgrade complete I downloaded & installed all critical updates and upgraded 5.5 to 6.0 and got the required updates for that as well

After I did that I installed Norton System Utilities. I ran Windoctor and fixed numerous minor problems

Still the same problem. dll's [same ones as before on the ME system] are causing critical faults in IExplorer.ex

One other note I also downloaded and installed Windows Media Player 9.0 [and installed updates forr that as well] and that has the same problem as IE when accessing the internet

I need help in tracking down the errant program that is causing me such a headache so I can remove it or reinstall it.

The offending DLL's are TPL108.dll & TPS108.dl

Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated. I need to know who those DLL's belong to or why IE explorer keeps crashing and closing

To whatever good samiritan answeres my questions, Thank you very much for your time
Sincerely
Nic

Ask a Question