IE7 uninstall beta 2

Had a user install beta2 IE7. As admin I cannot uninstall it. Is tehre some
other way to uninstall this non-functional beta or should I just forget about
it and got to Firefox?

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

Brian said:
Had a user install beta2 IE7. As admin I cannot uninstall it. Is tehre
some
other way to uninstall this non-functional beta or should I just forget
about
it and got to Firefox?

Open Regedit and go to the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

Right click on Internet Explorer and choose New String Value. Name that
value
InstalledByUser (the value of the new String should be your User Account
name)
Now try to uninstall IE7 via Add/Remove Programs.

Sophie Tan [MSFT]

Hello,

This post appears to concern a beta product. The TechNet Managed newsgroup
are provided for selected released products.

You may find support for this and most beta products from Microsoft
Corporation at https://beta.microsoft.com, as well as public newsgroups
that development may have established to support unreleased products.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Sophie Tan, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Partner Support