Windows XP IE6 homepage resets to msn.com after reboot

Reaction score
I'm running a fairly vanilla installation of XP Pro SP2 & IE6 on my IBM T42 LTop. Recently, every time I reboot, my IE6 homepage has reset to MSN.com. I've run several anti-hijack programs, none of which have found anything. I'm inclined to think that its a setting somewhere, rather than a browser hijack of some sort. I change the homepage back to my chosen one every time and it stays the same through IE6 closing and opening, but as soon as I reboot for any reason, it's back to MSN.com! Does anybody know of this problem and how to rectify it? Thanks a million, from a Kiwi in Arizona.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have MSN Messenger Installed, or the MSN Browser? That might may do it - as I would doubt spyware would do that (unless it isn't actually MSN.com).

If you have MS Antispyware installed you can "lock" your homepage as it prompts on any attempted change.

Welcome to the site :)

Ask a Question