IE defenition of Local Intranet Zone

How does/can one define what is a local intranet zone for the IE clients on
my network? For variouse reasons i need to lower the security settings for
the local intranet, but i do not want to have this settings lowering security
settings for other sites that i might be unaware of as also being identified
as local intranet...

One option would be to add the intranet as a trusted site but we can not use
https verification for the intranet, and thereore i would need to change the
setting for all truseted sites zone (require server verification (https) for
all sites in this zones under ie/tools/options/security - trusted sites -
click sites button), yet again lowering general security settings...

Altrüs

Hi,

The following microsoft KB links deal with defining and
discussing the use of Security Zones.

Specific to your query are the following links:

Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration Changes the
Browsing Experience
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815141&product=ie#62

Introduction to URL Security Zones
http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/security/szone/overview/overview.asp#intranet

If you're having trouble in the actual definition of an intranet,
try the following resource:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intranet

Broadly defined, an intranet could be defined as everything
behind your gateway firewall (and thus within your network).

If you have any other questions or comments, do not hesitate to
reply,

Best regards,

Altrus

: