IE 6 address bar shows today's urls only

yaelede

Something happened to my IE settings, because it stopped to remember
visited urls. When I turn on my computer, IE address bar drop-down
doesn't work, it only shows the default page. Then it begins to
remember urls during the day, but when I shut down, it clears
everything again. Auto-complete works however.

How can I set it to work again?

Don Varnau

Hi,
If in Internet Options< General> History, you have History set to 2 or more
days, then you have another program configured to clear the history
periodically. Check security or privacy type programs which run with each
startup. TweakUI would be one. There are many others.

Don

yaelede

Thank you Don,

History settings are OK.
I tried to locate the program which might have changed these settings,
but I couldn't..
It seems too difficult to me..

yaelede

JW Birdsong

If you have tweakui installed open it at Control
panel>tweakui>paranoia(tab)> make sure all the boxes(especially clear i.e.
history at logon) are UNchecked
******
HTH
Jack

yaelede said:
Thank you Don,

History settings are OK.
I tried to locate the program which might have changed these settings,
but I couldn't..
It seems too difficult to me..

yaelede

If in Internet Options< General> History, you have History set to 2 or more
days, then you have another program configured to clear the history
periodically. Check security or privacy type programs which run with each
startup. TweakUI would be one. There are many others.

Don

Don Varnau

You may have a damaged History folder.

Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Don
--
MVP IE/OE
Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may participate.