IE 6 Address bar highlight behaviour

test

In IE6, if I doubleclick on the URL in the address bar, the whole url gets
highlighted. How do I make it so that only the domain is highlighted without
having to drag the mouse over just the domain in other words. If I
doubleclick on;

www.microsoft.com, it will just highlight "microsoft". That way I can just
type the domain I want and press enter and it will automatically fill in
www.whatever.com/org/edu, etc.....

Thanks,

Alberick

Don Varnau

Hi,
I don't think there's a quicker, easier way to highlight part of the URL.

Try the Ctrl+Enter trick. Type in microsoft and hit Ctrl+Enter to get
www.microsoft.com

Or, you should be able to just type in microsoft.com- without www.

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]

"test" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Viktor Krammer

Hello,

If you want better address bar functionality, you may try the Quero Toolbar,
which is an address bar replacement.

http://www.quero.at/

I welcome your feedback.

Viktor